Glasgow London Westwoods Skies Los Angeles

Monday, July 27, 2009

Pulled in So Many Directions

This week I'll be somewhat wrapping up some work I've been doing: project in Brooklyn and the other houses I've been working on. The architect's draftsmen have already proven themselves as not the most reliable when it comes to structural drafting, there was a flitch plate that went up in one of my houses that was mysteriously sagging. It turns out there was a header beam neglected from the final drawings that would support this beam 2/3's of the length. Gee, maybe that's why it was sagging...*grumbles* Thankfully the great framers picked up on this and brought it to everyone's attention. Unfortunately, that's when the blame game gets played, but that just means you need to look over your old calculations and pray to god that you did it right. Turns out I did, HA!! Suck it!

Then on top of work stuff, I'm getting ready for my trip up to Buffalo at the end of the week. I've just collected the last of the goodies I'll be bringing up for my friend's BBQ and now I'll be doing some research into cool things to do and see in and around Buffalo and Niagara Falls, plus need to remember my passport for Ontario shenanigans to ensue.

Also, I'm preparing my widdle apartment for my someone special to live here for a whole month! Woooo!! So I'm clearing up some drawer spaces, getting some nice foodie and wine items together and trying to keep the worry wart inside me at bay. This is a big step for me, but hopefully things will work out and we won't end up hating each other and throwing things out the windows, I know my super would frown upon that. ;-)

So wish me luck and make sure to follow me on Twitter @chobson for all my trip pics enroute to that whole other part of New York that I've never been too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home