Glasgow London Westwoods Skies Los Angeles

Sunday, December 13, 2009

short⋅ly [shawrt-lee] - adverb

short⋅ly

[shawrt-lee]
–adverb
1. in a short time; soon.
2. briefly; concisely.
3. curtly; rudely.

Origin:
bef. 900; ME schortly, OE scortlīce; see short, -ly


~

OK, cool, that's what I thought shortly meant too.

So when someone says on Wednesday that they will be contacting you "shortly" for an interview that means "in a short time."

It's now Sunday and still no call.

You know what, WTF!? You contacted me saying that you liked my resume since you found it on Monster and that I'm the #1 candidate for the job, so...if you just planned on baiting me along anyway, what was the point of that initial touching of bases.

Don't mess around with me, not during this time especially. I just experienced my second layoff in the span of under a year from my very first lay off. I'm on unemployment, depressed slightly and really anxious and nervous. Don't f*ck with me.

I am an unemployed engineer: I have a bunch of time on my hands and MacGyver-like skills. Don't push me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home