Glasgow London Westwoods Skies Los Angeles

Monday, August 04, 2008

Office Construction

Well, I'm back at my deck finally. Most of the loud parts of the construction are over: sawing wood, nailing studs into the floor, running wires. Now it's just painting and getting things in order since we moved some people onto my floor.

Not being at my desk and not doing my normal morning routines like start the coffee pot or clean the counters off really affected me, at least in the wee parts of my emotional cortex. It wasn't like a full blown "OMG MY WORLD IS FALLING APART" type of reaction, but I did miss my normalcy and definitely felt a whimper or two bubble up.

It's interesting that I was starting to get bored with my daily routine a month or so ago and was looking to change things up and boy, did I ever get a shake up. Careful what you wish for...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home