Glasgow London Westwoods Skies Los Angeles

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Here we go again...

So today was interesting, to say the least. Let's start from the beginning...

The air conditioning in the car has been acting up recently, the passenger side blows out hot air for about 20 minutes until finally the cold air comes out, so I decided to bring it in to my mechanic to look at first before I bring it all the way to the dealership. It could just need a simple recharging or it could be a leak, something simple. So they needed the car for longer than I had anticipated, so I figure just have someone drop me off at the train station and I'll take the train into my job. So my mechanic, really great guys who often bring people home when they need to, offered and dropped me off at Union Station.

I grab the train and get off at the Bridgeport Station where I'd hop on another train up to Naugatuck (where my job is). However, my train arrived one minute late and I missed the one departing up to Naugatuck. I was told the next one wasn't until 1:30PM, so I figure I'd hang out with my mom until I figured out what to do since my parents still live in Bridgeport. Possibly I'd borrow her car just for the day. So I call her and decide to take a cab to her house. And immediately the storm begins.

I come into the house and she immediately begins to yell and berate me about how I screwed up and how I shouldn't come into her house and order her around. This is right after I come through the door, so I'm completely blindsided. I was stranded in Bridgeport and didn't know where to go and only came over because my mom offered to have me over, I wasn't yelling and I wasn't trying to order her around. So I start talking back which just made things all that more worse.

Here's what the conversation was like from my mom, who I am now very much concerned with. Apparently, I'm a bragger that likes to show off and I've left the house now and have to sit down and shut up. I'm crazy now ever since I got on "those pills" and oh, how come you're crying, you're the one that goes into New York all the time, you should be able to take it. Oh, but I'm not going to give you the keys unless you're nice to me, you have to take me insulting you for no reason, but oh, you should stay for coffee, in fact take the whole day off from work, we'll have dinner when you're sister comes back from work. You're stranded now and I'll f*ck over anyone, I don't care, I'll f*ck over my own kids, anyone who tries to take advantage of me! Oh wait, you can't touch you're phone, who are you calling, don't call for a cab you have to stay here. Don't call your father, you'll get me in trouble.

*sigh*

I just don't know what to do sometimes. Thankfully, after talking to my dad he said "of course you can take the car, just bring it back." So I managed to make it to work and organized with my sister to drop the car off and then have her bring me home afterwards.

My mother and I have always had a rocky relationship, but lately it seems like things are taking a toll for the worse and I'm not sure what it all means.

I'm going to finish work today and hopefully when I bring the car back we can talk things out and really get to what is really the problem here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home