Glasgow London Westwoods Skies Los Angeles

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Panini Happiness

If I could accurately type out the drool/moan that Homer Simpson does whenever he encounters something very delectable, I would put it here right now because that's how good this panini from Gourmet Heaven was for lunch today. However, this pic will have to suffice.

Gourmet Heaven has two locations in New Haven and each one has it's own cute atmosphere. Both have buffets where they charge per weight, so feel free to load up on whatever happens to be there: crab cakes, lobster rolls, fried mac & cheese, sushi...the list is endless. At the one near my job they have this great hot and cold deli where you can order up custom sandwiches and panini.

The one I had that turned me into Homer up above was called the Monte Christo. I don't really know what that means in "sandwich speak" but I do know that it had turkey, ham, a bunch of different veggies and some type of honey mustard sauce that was delectable. And points for being extra drippy too, I think any good sandwich should be judged on whether or not you have to wear a bib while eating it. Anytime I have to enter a cavewoman-like state to eat something means it's just that good, good enough to turn back the evolutionary clock!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home