Glasgow London Westwoods Skies Los Angeles

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

2:45 really means 3:45...

Well, I left off my other post on my 2:45 doctor's appointment that I scheduled for Monday afternoon. Thankfully, I decided to just take the whole half of the day off from work because silly me forgot that a 2:45 appointment really means you'll be waiting an hour to have your name called and then you'll see the doctor.

So after running some diagnostics, blood pressure (which I'm happy to say I'm only 110/70), heart beat, listening to my lungs with a stethoscope, all that good stuff, the doctor runs a strep throat test just to be sure. That comes out negative, thankfully. So he decides to take some blood just for good measure since it could be the dreaded "mono" even though anyone I've come into close contact with has been tested previously for it and does not have it.

However, I did mention that I work in a new office and that the HR guy has a massive sinus infection. So the doctor turns around, thinks for a little bit and says "you know what it probably is, your body is fighting off this sinus infection right now, you are a battlefield right now."

So he decided not to give me anything since my "body is doing everything already" and giving me antibiotics would be redundant at this point. So they're just going to run my blood and see if it's anything weird and then give me a call. My lymph nodes will probably go back to normal size within the week and I'll slowly get back to feeling 100% soon, but I shouldn't push myself and I should just to nap during the week to let my body "continue the battle."

So yeah, it turns out I'm not really "sick" my body is fighting something off and is requiring more energy than usual in order to fight it off. That's why my body temperature has been off and I've been really tired.

Moral of the story: YAY for having a good immune system!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home