Glasgow London Westwoods Skies Los Angeles

Monday, September 24, 2007

IKEA and Target Pillaging

The weekend was filled with gathering up goodies for J's new place and also gathering up new things for my apartment as well. Things to help with that whole "after-college apartment" to "home" transition. Not that I was sitting on box crates or anything like that before, but after this weekend my apartment is definitely much more like a "home."

So I got myself some real kitchen chairs (yes, I was using folding chairs before, BE QUIET!!):


And since I got my new bed recently, I brought my old twin bed (yes, I was actually still sleeping on a twin bed) into my living room and made a nice couch/daybed out of it with the addition of many pillows and fluffy backrest thingies. Then, I updated the kitchen cabinets with some nice polished chrome knobs and handles to replace the old, tarnished copper ones that kind of made you cringe when you touched them. *shudder*

And I was actually good when I went into Target to get the handles I had my eyes set on, I only got the things I needed and I stayed to my list. Normally when I so much as enter Target I run around with a carriage like a viking, pillaging and conquering each department leaving nothing behind besides bloody store associates who got into my path and empty shelves and clothing racks. But that didn't happen, thankfully. I've hung up my horned helmet for now only to be used again when my sister needs to start looking for a place and needs to stock up her apartment. Then I shall don the helmet again and retake Europe...er, I mean Target...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home