Glasgow London Westwoods Skies Los Angeles

Friday, June 01, 2007

Engineer: Half Angry Old Man, Half Child

Now that I'm in this bigger office I get to interact with way more engineers than I did previously and I've begun to notice similarities that we have especially in how we work and interact with other humans in the office.

When we are busy working away, we end up turning into these crotchity old men and women. "Get out of my cubicle, MEEEHHH!!!" *waves cane* "What do you want, I'm busy!!" "I'm so busy I can't be bothered to look up from my paper as I'm walking back to my desk, so you better watch yourself walking by me, sonny!!"

Then, once that fog clears, we'll poke our heads up from our desk and start actually talking and joking around with the other humans in the office. This is the child like stage, because once you get us going, all bets are off. We may fling a rubberband at you or just whack you with a paper towel tube, WHO KNOWS! You've now engaged our social nature that has been asleep for most of the day. Now it has been awakened, and you will listen to it's nerdy jokes and insane recants of the previous weekend.

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home