Glasgow London Westwoods Skies Los Angeles

Friday, February 09, 2007

Cabaret Tonight

Well, I'm being an adult tonight and taking in a show with a bunch of friends of mine at the Yale Cabaret. This show in particular is called WASP and is a dark comedy written by none other than Steve Martin himself. So this should be interesting.

"WASP is Steve Martin's dark comedy about a 1950s-style family struggling to achieve stereotypical perfection and harmony... and failing. Beneath the flawless façade of their happy lives, Mom, Dad, Son, and Sis struggle to sustain their hermetic world. The family's efforts lead to complete absurdity in this poignant examination of the underbelly of White Anglo-Saxon Protestant society."

I'm from the city and would never really classify myself as "suburban" so this is a little window into a world I've only seen on TV and heard through friends of mine in the past. I much prefer my screwed up city family, I think it's loads better. We at least have knife fights and stuff like that to settle our differences.

1 Comments:

At 5:34 AM, February 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh Steve Martin... my favourite third of the Amigo's! Hope the show was good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home