Glasgow London Westwoods Skies Los Angeles

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

You're So NOT Invited...

Wow, I guess this is making up for all the high school antics and politics that I missed since I was too busy working and getting ready for college at the time. I guess there's no way around missing that critical time in your life when you have to form cliques for survival and people are jealous for no good reason, even if it means facing them in your mid 20's.

Case in point, as all of you know, there was an implosion on Saturday at the crack of dawn. Now since it being so early, I had wondered what other people were up to the night before whether they would just turn in early (like I did, since my sister came over anyway) or stay up late and party without having to go to sleep at all and sleep afterwards.

Well, I just found out that I wasn't invited to a party on Friday night and it's purely for high school like reasons, so much as I can gather. I'm not going to go into details, but I pretty much know why and it's very childish, some people need to grow up especially when they are older than me and are still pulling this kind of stuff. If you're approaching 30, I think you need to start to grow up and leave that high school frame of mind behind. I had too at a young age because I had more important things to worry about, like bills and trying to afford college, so it's very hard for me to understand how you can clutch onto that petty period of your life.

And yes, I am hurt, but I'll move on. Sadly, these people never will and they wonder why they just move on from party to party and meaningless relationship to meaningless relationship with nothing to show for it besides bad skin and gained weight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home