Glasgow London Westwoods Skies Los Angeles

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Insanely Busy Halloween Weekend


Mia-fication was a success!

Oh my God, if I do that again I'm wearing WAY more comfortable shoes, or at least cheat and sneak in some squishy insoles or something like that. Holy Christ on a cracker.

Well, the first party this Friday was awesome, it was at the Taj Lounge on the west side of Manhattan, hence so were the prices but that's another story all together. It's an India fusion restaurant/bar and it was so nicely decorated and had some really great drink mixes, with incredibly horrible prices ($12 for a martini, screw you!!!). Met some really interesting people with some amazing costumes and we were able to sneak into the VIP loft area so we could sneak a couple scenes of The Exocist that they had playing in the background and get a great view of the party below. It's amazing and also sad in a way how far you can get by just batting some eyelashes and having gallons of makeup on.

Then we went off to have drinks somewhere and ended up at a "gentleman's club" which was interesting and took some convincing to get me inside, but I will say that the place was very very classy so I wasn't completely revolted and didn't want to run away and take a 2 day shower. So I think I was only mentally scarred for about 2 years worth of therapy, not like 5 or something crazy like that.

Saturday was another set of Halloween parties, first stop was pre-gaming over at a friends or as the executive alcoholic says it was "preparation." It also makes me feel tremendously better to see so many people traveling with their flasks, I don't feel like that lone alcoholic. We're just all cheap, yet classy together.

Then we went off to a local Yalies hangout/bar called Gypsy (and yeah, no link because it's Yale and they just love their secret societies) where there were some outstanding costumes by the alumni, I love when intelligent people just go all out and crazy with their costumes. Let's so down the list of costumes: The Ambiguously Gay Duo, Fidel Castro, the iPod commercial, an iPod, Papa Smurf, Mia before and after (I was before), a salt and pepper set, the Three Musketeers....the list goes on.

Then we were off to the Architectural school's Halloween party which was so insanely packed WAY beyond firecode that we only stayed for about an hour before we gave up and left.

So now I'm waiting for pictures and the feeling to come back to my feet since both days I was in either bitch boots or my Bandolino pumps. But all and all, great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home