Glasgow London Westwoods Skies Los Angeles

Monday, December 11, 2006

Planning my UK Journey

So yes, it's somewhat official (about as official as I can say without actually having my passport or plane ticket in hand) but I'll be going to the UK from 2/26/07-3/8/06. And that's all! I can't afford to stay any longer you bastards! With the current exchange rate halving my money, that's all you are getting of me!

So in my spare time (or at work when I'm bored) I've been researching cool stuff to do while I'm there plus stuff I've always wanted to see like the obligatory touristy stuff: Loch Ness, Stonehenge, the West End, all that stuff. So I chanced upon this gorgeous looking tea room in Glasgow called The Willow Tea Room.

It looks like a great place to take in some tea and cake while staying in Glasgow. Hopefully I won't be let down, but you'll never know unless you try (or at least hear about someone else trying it).

4 Comments:

At 3:38 AM, December 12, 2006, Blogger TimmyD said...

I've never been to Loch Ness. It's quite far from...well, everywhere.

Stonehenge is awesome the first time you see it, and everyone should. But after 30 minutes - or after seeing it several times after everyone visits - isn't so exciting. Now I just stay in the car and snooze.

The West End is indeed a feast for the senses.

But some of the best things in London are free: the Tate Modern, the National Gallery, the British Museum, the V&A, the Natural History Museum, Hampstead Heath, Hyde Park, looking at posh tourists in Harrod's, walking along the South Bank. I like the markets too: Camden, Borough, and Portobello.

 
At 8:23 AM, December 12, 2006, Blogger TimmyD said...

Also, one of the best free things of all: The British Library. Check some of the highlights:
> The Diamond Sutra, claimed to be the world's oldest dated printed book
> Two Gutenberg Bibles
> Two 1215 copies of Magna Carta
> The only surviving manuscript copy of the poem Beowulf
> 347 leaves of the Codex Sinaiticus
> Working manuscripts by J.S. Bach, W.A. Mozart, Gustav Mahler and Benjamin Britten.
> Original Beatles lyrics

 
At 8:53 AM, December 12, 2006, Blogger Eris said...

Awesome!! Thanks so much! I'm just a little bummed out that I can't do as much shopping as I planned for, but it's not a huge deal. I do want to check out the Burberry Outlet even though everyone tells me it's in a "dicey area."

And yeah I just can't wait to actually walk around and get lost in the city somewhere. :-)

 
At 11:55 AM, December 12, 2006, Blogger TimmyD said...

Burberry? In a dicey area? It's on New Bond Street! Very posh. Maybe Shreena knows some dodgy south London location that offers "discounts" to those who aren't fussy about "extras" like "the law". ;-)

Also, I think they sell it at Heathrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home