Glasgow London Westwoods Skies Los Angeles

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Friday Night

So a bunch of us decided to hop the Metro North Train down to South Norwalk so that we could catch the cover band The Touch playing over at the Black Bear Saloon and also so that drinking and merriment could ensue without having to decide who was sober enough to drive all the way back home at 2 AM.

The bar was excellent, very roomy and a lot of seating all around. The liquor was so-so, but they have some great food, not the average greasy bar food. The sound system was awesome as well and the beginning DJ was playing some OK tracks, you could tell by the average clientèle that this was definitely a top 40's bar, but when in Rome...

My only complaint was that The Touch showed up about 45 minutes late, then when they finally decided to actually start playing, they crapped out about 2 songs in and were complaining about the sound. So after another half hour of DJ mixes and a couple shots later for the band, they decided to play again. Overall, I don't see what the fuss is all about, I've seen far better cover bands perform and they actually cared about their audiences way more than these guys. It was if they were too cool to be playing here or whatever.

Just a reminder, if you are a cover band that means that you don't play you're own music, you are a COVER BAND, know your place in the realm of music, OK.

So anyway, here are some pictures from the night:

Here's me in the center with my friends Melissa and Walter.
Here's me again (to the left) with my friend Melissa.
And here's another one of me, this time getting Jiggy wit it (on the left) with my friends Sandra and Dana.

Now, I do not take responsibility for getting up on top of the bar and dancing, that was not me or any of my doing. For the record, the female bartender decided she'd take random girl's near the bar and help them up on top. So this older woman grabs my arm with the Grip of Death and refuses to let go, so I get a friend to steady a bar stool and proceed to get up and dance on the bar. Whatever, no big whoop. You only live once, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home