Glasgow London Westwoods Skies Los Angeles

Sunday, July 01, 2012

#3 - Everyone Makes Mistakes...

...except you BB, right?

I had been given a set of markups for a set of floor plans. BB's corrections consisted of "12-14 inch floor trusses @ 2'-0" oc." So I used 12 inch trusses on the floor plans globally.

About a month goes by, I'm deep into another project with Coworker. I hear BB on the phone confirming 14 inch trusses with some entity, I have no idea who. BB proceeds to run out of his office and demand why I put 12 trusses on plan. The exchange goes like this, All Caps denoted yelling:

"WHY DID YOU USE 12" TRUSSES?"
"Um, because the markup had a range and..."
"YOU NEVER ANSWER MY QUESTIONS PROPERLY. WHY DID YOU USE 12" TRUSSES?"
"Because the markup says '12-14 inch trusses..."
"WHERE DO YOU SEE 12" TRUSSES MENTIONED!? POINT TO ME WHERE YOU SEE 12" TRUSSES!"
I proceed to point to his markup that says "12-14 inch trusses @ 2'-0" oc."
"WHERE THE F*CK DO YOU SEE 12" TRUSSES MENTIONED!?!?"
"Right here."
"NEXT TIME YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT SOMETHING, ASK ME INSTEAD OF SENDING OUT DRAWINGS LIKE THIS."

Meanwhile, previous to this, he had said he looked over the drawings...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home