Glasgow London Westwoods Skies Los Angeles

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Sick

Meh...*sniff*

It feels like I have oatmeal where my post nasal drip area is (I keep calling it the base of my sinuses, I could be wrong, but that area) and my lymph nodes are slightly swollen. I'm also tired, not exceptionally tired, but tired enough sometimes that I need a nap or at least a sit in front of the TV.

Another alarming facet, I think I have Pink Eye. AHHH!!! *hides under her robe* Even saying it makes me feel like I live in a condemned apartment building with pizza boxes piled up and years worth of dust and grime caked around. *shudder* But I have to face the facts: weeping eyes, redish "whites" and tenderness when I touch the eyelids. I'm banking on allergies just because I think it's slightly embarrassing to have Pink Eye as an adult, but I have to come to terms that it may be Pink Eye. Years of guilting me into a clean freak by my Mom makes me realize that it's probably not from me, but from travels around and encountering various sick/creepy people.

So I made an appointment with a new doctor for Monday, I had been putting off seeking a new primary care provider ever since I moved into my apartment 4 years ago, so I felt it was time to not only take care of things but branch out into The Havens. Since I grew up in Bridgeport, I have a slight rivalry with New Haven physicians. I know they have Yale-New Haven, but I'm very partial to my St. Vincent's and Bridgeport Hospital peeps. However, with the latest buy out of Bridgeport Hospital by Yale, the rivalry is over. And now I will be able to walk to my doctor instead of driving half an hour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home