Glasgow London Westwoods Skies Los Angeles

Thursday, June 05, 2008

New York State of Mind

Was in the city today to attend a slightly ritzy/still slightly laid back meeting with everyone involved in designing/building this penthouse that I've been working on as the lead junior engineer (the big time engineer has the stamp and approves my design, I do the actual designing, he's an associate of my boss so it's pretty cool).

Had we not been wrapped up in a meeting for a couple hours or did a full site visit, I would have called people to see what they were up to, but sadly I was too tired and just wanted to get home and nap. You people know who you are.

But anyway, on to the point of the post, I wish I could somehow magically live in Manhattan and stay at my job all at the same time. *sigh*

I absolutely love being in Manhattan, I take every opportunity I can to make it down there and I make excuses to visit as much as possible. There's something about that place that feels like home and is immensely comforting and yet at the same time possesses a tremendous force and keeps me at the edge of my seat.

The feeling I get is kind of like bumping into someone that used to be in class with you, but you weren't close friends: you cross paths and stare at each other for a while, both knowing you recognize the other and are both trying to figure out where you've met before. There's something familiar and comfortable, but you don't know why.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home