Glasgow London Westwoods Skies Los Angeles

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Emotional Blowback

Well, my friend is coming around a bit. He's stable and still in the hospital. He'll be on a routine kidney dialysis for a while to clean those little puppies out and he'll be also on an AMAZING amount of antibiotics to kill all of the badness from his body. So it is all just going to take some time.

Emotionally, I'm shocked at how long it took me to cry. I must have entered what my receptionist called it, a "survival mode" where I just getting by on standby mode until the situation was deemed safe for me to react emotionally. So yesterday was a nice crying party in order to clear out my emotions and move on from there.

I have noticed though, some people are weird about approaching me now. Most were able to address me directly or at least let me talk to them about it, some however were very standoffish even being somewhat mean to me. I guess it was an inability to figure out what to say or how they should treat me, but common sense would say "maybe I should at least be nice." Well, I don't know, that's just me anyway.

So now it's just routine calls into the hospital to find out his condition and routine visits to keep up his spirits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home