Glasgow London Westwoods Skies Los Angeles

Monday, March 31, 2008

Parental Units Invasion

So yesterday, my parent's finally came over to check out what I've done with my place and also just to come by for an old fashioned visit. It was very nice to hear their praise for my widdle apartment and I'm glad that they are proud of me, I always want to make them proud and make them feel like awesome parents because they are awesome. :-)

And it was so cute my Dad brought over pastries, as is the custom whenever you're coming over someone's place. I also bought some Madeleine's and some great pound cake so that we could nibble on something before I ordered real food. Plus I bought another armchair for my living room as to make a corner sofa-like area and it was definitely a success. My parents were very comfortable and we were all able to sit around and talk. In time though I'll buy the full sectional units and make a proper sectional sofa.

I'm in love with the Tylösand collection from IKEA. I already bought the one seat section that's my armchair and in time I'm going to make a corner sofa unit using another one of the one seat section and a chaise lounge. The awesome thing about this collection is that I can connect them however I want and the covers are removable, so if I end up wanted to change my mind it'll just require some maneuvering rather than a trip to the store again with wallet in hand.


I'm partial to the covers in Kungsvik sand. Very neutral, but very classy and easily made crazy with some colorful pillows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home