Glasgow London Westwoods Skies Los Angeles

Monday, March 10, 2008

Friday Night Recap

After staying at work a little later than expected, thanks to my wonderful skills of emasculating people via technical letters and my boss requesting my skills for another a-hole, I met a friend over at Hot Tomatoes in New Haven.

Now normally if you are a girl you need to shoot up a road flare in order to order some drinks. Unlike every other bar on the free planet, this bar favors the guy boozers and all you have to do is pretty much look like you're half way finished with your drink and a bartender will come swooping in to give you another drink. But I think they're starting to change their bias bartending ways a bit because it wasn't as agonizing of a wait as it normally had been in the past.

Then, with the help of the rain, we decided to stay close and hop across the street to The Owl Shoppe and check out some of their fine Scotch. And with the kind tutelage of Laura Anne, I'm beginning to grow into a mini-enthusiast of all things Scotch and wine, hence I was asked to order for everyone. :-) 'Twas a happy night indeed.

Some of my friends and I got a little hungry though and decided to go check out this Vietnamese restaurant off of Whitney that we've been dying to walk into for the longest time, Pot-au-Pho. It is THE only authentic Vietnamese restaurant in New Haven and probably the only one in this weird county that is not Fairfield County. And even with the kitchens closing, they still served us their noodle goodness, so they get all the accolades I can give. Thanks so much you guys!

Mmmmmmm....pho-goodness...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home