Glasgow London Westwoods Skies Los Angeles

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Painting Party in the Bronx

Laura Anne invited some of us over to enjoy some fine stinky cheese and glorious wine so that we might help free her from the pumpkin/pink that encased her bedroom. The previous tenant didn't understand the concept of "accent walls" and I leave you to take the journey with me based on that phrase.

I think the quote of the weekend that best encompasses my painting skills can best be summed up by my opening question (paraphrasing at best since it's been a couple days):

"OK, so what do you trust me with doing first?"

So I let the pro's go at it and took care of the stuff to better help them out: edging around the door, cleaning brushes, changing rollers and general moral support as well as musical support.

And thanks to modern chemical technology, not only did the paint not need priming, but it had a low VOC which meant we didn't need to pull out the respirators while we painted. So it took the better portion of the day on Saturday to complete and Laura Anne was able to sleep in that same room that night. I <3 science!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home