Glasgow London Westwoods Skies Los Angeles

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Chaos and Christmakkah

No matter how much I plan ahead for either Hanukkah or Christmas, I like to wait until the last minute for "surprise stocking/menorah stuffers," (I'm a gentile, just go with it). So today and tomorrow will be filled with trips to stores and consultations with my random lizard brain to see which cute bundle of happiness goes to who.

I like to work at random when it comes to this stage, for some reason the gifts seem to have a secret meaning that only my unconscious remembers or knows about. So when the person opens their gift it's usually "oh wow, I can't believe you remembered I liked toffee" or "wow, how did you know I liked penguins!"

My old chaos research comes out occasionally and I love when the theorems prove to be correct:

Postulate #1 - There is a governing algorithm or algorithms.
Postulate #2 - The path governed by "the least resistance" usually is the one to go on. It may not seem to be the path of least resistance at the time that you are on it, but if you look at the big picture, it is.
Postulate #3 - Everyone needs to "zoom out" occasionally just to see their point in the greater scheme of things.

(OK not entirely postulates, but just go with it. I didn't get that physics/math degree, I'm just an engineer, so be happy I even remember what a postulate is.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home