Glasgow London Westwoods Skies Los Angeles

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Photos from Hangar 17

Hangar 17 in JFK Airport is where the structural debris from Towers 1 & 2 are being held. Here's a link to the AM New York photo display so that you can have a look. **Edited 9/7/09: New link to MSNBC article, AM NY became a dead link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14789146**

6 years ago today, I had decided to skip Multi-Variable Calculus and slept in, I was then going to go have brunch with my roommate. We went into the dining hall and heard that the radio was turned up all the way and everyone looked worried and extremely nervous.

I am now a structural engineer, at the time that this happened I was studying to become one. I was fortunate enough to have studied under some of the best professors and engineers in the field, one in particular was Prof. DeWolf. About a year later from the attack, I had him for structural analysis and one day he came into class with the full, de-classified structural reports and he allowed us to use them and study what had happened for about a week or so.

I'd like to close with the advice that someone once gave me when they found out I was a structural engineer, "don't let it happen again."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home