Glasgow London Westwoods Skies Los Angeles

Monday, August 27, 2007

'Twas a Good Day

Me and J went to a friend's birthday party (part II) which was filled with hand made appetizers (thank you L, you are the awesomest) and little slices of heaven for dessert. These incredible, mini cheese cake cups that were insane (and also made a great breakfast).

Then me and J were off to search for new modern art (and to evade the kitties in L's apartment since I just found out before then that J was allergic, I have to remember to ask those things first) in New Haven and stopped off at both the Yale University Art Gallery and the Yale Center for British Art. I'm more of the modern art fan, but I was totally geeking over the architecture of the Yale Center for British Art; they successfully melded two very dissimilar materials together in one beautiful façade (yes, I remembered the squirrelly "c"), wood and concrete.

So picture grids of concrete that make up the super structure of the walls and floors and then this beautiful light wood used to dress up the walls. It's wonderful, I'll have to search for who the architect/interior designer was.

Then it was off for sushi at Miya's in New Haven which has all the bangs and whistles of the more expensive places, but without the added wallet opening.

'Twas a good day (and night). :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home