Glasgow London Westwoods Skies Los Angeles

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Office Clothing and Awkwardness

You know what I've noticed from all this wearing of professional clothing lately...that when you go outside you end up looking and feeling kind of awkward.

I have no explanation for this other than it has to be the summer's fault. Seeing all the non9-5er's out and about in their comfortable jeans and shoes just makes me feel "too dressed up" to be out and about.

It's probably the fact that I've gone through 3 years of just bumming it to work and now that I'm consistently wearing professional clothing I'm feeling a bit out of place with my old self. I know in time I'll get over that feeling of awkwardness as I go out for lunch or for coffee and frolic in the summer sun, but for now I only feel really comfortable wearing office clothing in an office.

2 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, June 14, 2007, Blogger TimmyD said...

Soon you'll switch the other way entirely: you'll realize that the slobs are looking at you, envious of the kick-ass job you have and the major bucks you're pulling down. You'll get better customer service, too. The sooner you realize the rest of them are beneath you, the easier it'll be. ;-)

 
At 9:05 AM, June 14, 2007, Blogger Eris said...

Yeah, I've already felt that better custome service thing, that's awesome! And yeah, I think it's mostly due to the fact that I still can't believe I work at this job, it's been such a reach (in my head) for a couple years now. So it doesn't feel real yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home