Glasgow London Westwoods Skies Los Angeles

Sunday, May 18, 2008

California: The Eateries

I am all about trying new things and when I'm on a trip to some far away land I want to eat at places that I can't back home. For me, I don't understand eating at TGIFriday's if I'm in London that is just call kinds of wrong. The same thing applies with shopping and such, I should not be anywhere near an Old Navy when I'm in the midst of Broadway in Manhattan, that is an epic FAIL. So, my friends graciously took me to cool places that I don't have on my coast and good food was had.



Home - Since this was such a pretty day, Home's outdoor patio kind of beckoned to us with it's great California design and it's fish fountain right in the midst of everything.





Good food with nice prices, I'd definitely go back. Plus, the waiters were awesome and didn't even bat an eye when I ordered a Johnny Walker Black neat at 1PM. Eris was on vacation dammit...it's Scotch time.



Town and Country Bakery & Cafe - A great cafe located on the Sunset Strip, so when you are either about to embark on a shopping mission or have just returned from one this is the place to either start or relax. They have a great little patio set up on the sidewalk so that you can have your coffee and some type of baked goodie while you take in the view. Plus the decor was very 50's California chicky which kind of reminded me of my kitchen. :-)

A Taco Van somewhere in East LA - (picture is a representation, not the actual van) I wish I knew who these people were because that was the best burrito I've ever had. After going to The Getty with another friend of mine, we were hungry since none of us had a proper dinner, so we drive off of the 405, end up somewhere in east LA and my friend decides to park somewhere and ask. We end up at this carnesceria (butcher for you non-Spanish speakers) and my friend rolls in and asks if there is a Chili's or a TGIFriday's.

Granted, that was probably a dumb question, but the answer he gets from the security guard and the cashier was "man, this is East LA, there's no Chili's or TGIFriday's!!" So my friend just goes, "OK, fine, f*ck it, where would you guys go to get something to eat?" And they direct him to the other end of the parking lot where there's this little taco van that's just about closing. So we roll over there, like the tourists that we were and there is this cute little women inside closing up for the night. We ask nicely if she was still open, and she says yes and proceeds to make us the most amazing chicken burritos on earth, for all of $8.50 for the two of us.

I really wish I had their name, but sadly all I know was that this was in some parking lot somewhere in East LA off of the 405. I think maybe off of Indian Avenue??

*bows down* "WE'RE NOT WORTHY, WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!!"

2 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, May 19, 2008, Blogger baphomette said...

Dude - I can't believe you forgot In 'N' Out! WHATEVA!

http://www.in-n-out.com/

 
At 4:09 PM, May 19, 2008, Blogger Eris said...

Oh man, I totally did. :-( I was searching and searching for that Wayne and Garth picture and it messed me up.

It shall get it's own posting then! Thanks for reminding me! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home