Glasgow London Westwoods Skies Los Angeles

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Growing Pains

Well, back to work and already everyone's cranky and ready for a fight. It's been almost a year since I started working here and I've been noticing some pretty unique changes that only occur to a successful business: major growing pains.

It's such a dumb form of agita, kind of like a paper cut, but if you've been working at a place for like 5-10 years you get used to the way things are done. Then with me and other new employees being hired, things began to start changing and now everyone is up in arms about it.

I was hired as part of an expansion that my now boss was planning on. As a result, he's trying to move the business into a more professional realm. Now what's happening is that people have to answer to new people, certain liberties have been removed because, to be quite honest, they probably shouldn't have been there in the first place and people are growing incredibly cranky about it.

*sigh*

I've now turned on the "yes, boss" switch of my brain and whatever my structural boss says I just go for it. I'll let them sort out who answers to who and when things should get done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home