Glasgow London Westwoods Skies Los Angeles

Monday, November 12, 2007

The Job Front

After being in the trenches for 2 weeks, a cease fire has been issued for at least this week.

I have been offered a job up in the valley and am waiting on a decision from another engineering firm along the coast. Both are great firms, both want to give me more money than what I was making before, but that's where the similarities end.

If you know anything about the fair state of Connecticut you know that depending on where you live and where you have to get too there is either a highway of some sort to take or you can hop on Metro-North. Now both firms would require the same amount of transit time, but each would require a different mode of transportation. The one up in the valley would simply be a 40 minute drive, the one along the shore would be a 30 minute train ride or an insane, bumper to bumper hour long commute on I-95 Southbound. (Nooooo, not I-95 South....AHHHHHH!!!!)

And I can't do anything yet until I get the call from the coastline firm, so I'm up in the air. Damn it, why can't people make on the spot employment decisions!!?? /sarcasm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home